Monday, June 23, 2008

I ate at One World Vegetarian Cusine* ...

in West Covina last Friday and had their vegan cheesecake for dessert. OMG, it was delicious, so the next day I was craving more of it, but that place is just too damn far* so I decided to make my own.

*It's a casual place and they have a lot of different types of food. I had a "quail" with vegetables and rice (very good), "egg" rolls (pretty good), bf had teriyaki "beef" (okay [fake beef doesn't really go over well with me, it's all about the fake chicken]), and then the cheescake for dessert (awsome!!). The restaurant is decorated nicely and still has great prices, so it's DEFINITELY worth the trip. I can't wait to go back and try some other plates.

Anyway, I sorta followed this recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen. Except I used soy milk instead of eggnog and I omitted the brandy/rum because I didn't have any. Also, Trader Joe's didn't have any silken tofu!!! :/ So I used regular tofu.



Everyone that has tried the cheesecake says it's good, but I don't think it compares to One World's creamy...and slightly gelatinous version. That description might sound gross, but I swear it was good. It was light and fresh yet still cheesecake like, I don't know how they did it. I think you can taste the tofuness in mine a little too much, that might be because of the type of tofu I used though.

No comments: