Monday, June 23, 2008

Pancakes

I love pancakes with fruit for breakfast, but I've never made them from scratch, I always use the mix from box. :/ Yesterday I decided to make them myself -- sooo much healthier because you can use whole wheat flour, no chemical preservatives, no corn syrup, and no milk/whey/eggs that the pancake mix boxes have.

Toss:
- 1 1/2 C Soymilk
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 C All-purpose flour
- 1/3 C Wheat flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract (or vanilla)
- about 1/8 C water to thin batter out (add as needed)

All in a blender.

Pour into hot nonstick pan.

And voilà:



They were a tad bit too flat (I like them a little bit more fluffy), but still good. Oh, and if you can't tell by now, I like strawberries. The white stuff is powdered sugar.

I made them based off of this recipe from veganyumyum, of course.

No comments: