Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm so nervous!

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to meet with the senior director of the research project I'm going to be working on. It's my first time meeting him! He sounded nice over the phone, and maybe slightly awkward? At least I hope he is slightly awkward, because that tends to put me at ease. He's coming down tomorrow and we're supposed to check out all of our research sites. I really hope he'll drive... I don't like driving with people I don't know well and driving to places I've never driven to doesn't make it any better!

I tend to freak myself out when it comes to new situations, I know that is normal, but I think that it's a lot worse than what your "average" person goes through. I hate that. I must think of questions to ask and general conversation for the drives to all our spots. Awkward car silences are not fun...

Is it dumb that I'm worried about what to wear when I've already got the internship? WHY DON'T I HAVE MORE GROWN UP CLOTHES?! What should I do with my blah hair? Pony tail will keep it out of my face and off my neck (I think it will be warm out tomorrow), but will I look too little kid-like? Stupid, I know, but when it comes to professional settings, I always think people will think I can't do things based on how I look: teenie-tiny, young-looking girl. I must peruse my closet now.

No comments: