Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I MADE RIBZ!

And they were yummy! For some reason I was never a big rib eater when I was a non-veg, but that being said, these things were absolutely amazing and I want to make more soon! I even made my mom try them and she says they do taste like barbecued ribs.

The recipe is from Everyday Dish. I like watching their cooking videos because afterwards I want to go on a cooking spree.

Here's what you need for "Susan's Barbecued Seitan Ribz":

1 cup vital wheat gluten
2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons peanut butter, tahini or other nut butter
1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
1 tablespoon soy sauce
about 1 cup barbecue sauce

Pretty simple. Go to the site, watch the video/read the recipe and then go coook!


That's a picture of the ribz on day two (yummy leftovers). There's rice, beans and then the ribs of course. Those are the ugly ribs, the cute ones were eaten first. :) Some yummy asparagus are one the plate as well, gotta have something green. The red sauce is a tomato sauce that my dad makes for barbacoa. I think I may try modifying this recipe by omitting the barbecue sauce and then tossing in some barbacoa seasonings next time. Mmmm, seitan rules.

And another picture just because:

No comments: